Articles tagged with: veterinarians
Features and such »
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals studied eight dogs who had liver failure and other problems.
They all ingested products containing Xylitol, a sugar alcohol used to sweeten foods, candy, gum and beverages.
The ASPCA study’s dogs from 2003 through 2005 included:
• A four-year-old male Welsh springer spaniel who ate four large chocolate-frosted muffins.
• A three-year-old male standard poodle who ate five or six cookies.
• A five-year-old female Scottish terrier who ate 30 pieces of gum.
• A six-year-old female Labrador retriever who ate 450 grams of Xylitol powder.
• A seven-year-old …