HURIWA quoted the media as reporting that a Dapchi resident, Abdul Dapchi, whose two sisters were among the abducted girls, lamented to newsmen that the community became infuriated at Governor Gaidam after his confession that no girl was actually recued. "We had policemen but they ran to the bush".
"The unfortunate thing is that, rather for the government through the various security agencies rising up to the challenge over the years, schools in the area are still very vulnerable to attacks with the attendant abduction of pupils, especially girls".
It is unclear how many girls are missing from Monday's attack and where they may be. "A lot of them are our friends' and brothers' daughters".
Confirming that the girls were still missing on Thursday parents expressed fears that the girls might face the same fate as the over 200 schoolgirls kidnapped from Chibok in 2014 by Boko Haram.
There has been confusion and mixed reports on the exact number of children who are still missing.
"We have compiled 105 names of missing girls which we intend to give to the Bring Back Our Girls people in (the capital) Abuja", said committee chair Bashir Alhaji Manzu, whose teenage daughter, Fatima Bashir, is missing. The fact that some of the Chibok girls may still be in captivity and that we have now on our hands, a possible repeat of that incident is not only an attack on humanity but a failure of the Buhari led administration who have continued to insist that it has won the war against insurgency.
The group behind the #BringBackOurGirls campaign has called on the Nigerian government to immediately investigate the disappearance of the girls at the Dapchi school, according to a statement on their Facebook page.
On Wednesday, the government said 76 of the kidnapped girls had been rescued by the military, sparking celebration in the streets. Those young women now seem lost forever to their families, unwilling to return home almost four years later.More news: McDonald's 'Rick and Morty' Szechuan sauce coming back to NYC
More news: Barclays Profit Rise Short Of Consensus But Says Transformed
More news: Airbnb Plus takes on high-end hotels with quality promise
The outlawed Boko Haram group has been trying since 2009 to establish an Islamic state in northeastern Nigeria.
The declarations continued this week, even after the Dapchi attack.
"They have been starved out of oxygen and the oxygen they feed on is publicity so that they can grab the world's attention".
USA state department spokesperson Heather Nauert said Boko Haram's "choice of targets including schools, markets and places of worship reflect the brutality of terror organisations".
A student who escaped Monday's attack said some of her classmates had jumped over a perimeter wall at the sound of gunfire, and got into vehicles parked nearby.
A teacher at the school, Amsani Alilawan, said there were soldiers in Dapchi until last month but they were then redeployed.
Inuwa Mohammed, whose 16-year-old daughter, Falmata, was missing, said he was "devastated by this twist of events" and that his wife fainted on hearing the news and was in hospital.