Coming on the heels of new U.N. Security Council sanctions against the North, the news has caused a stir in South Korea as well.
According to the statement, both leaders agreed to work together to deal with the current serious situation and called on the global community to rigorously and fully implement relevant UN Security Council resolutions to maximise pressure on North Korea.
"In recent months at least the Chinese have not even been putting the statistics for oil exports to North Korea in their official records". It also bans imports of textiles from North Korea, stripping the country of another key source of hard currency.
Suga said the North's statement "significantly escalates tensions in the region".
REUTERS KCNA North Korea Ruling Party Defies Pressure from US to End Missile Program
North Korea's test of a possible thermonuclear weapon reshaped the mountain above the nuclear test site, experts revealed. The analysts gave no indication that a test appeared to be imminent. That would be much higher than most official estimates, which have varied. "We will use economic sanctions to bring North Korea to the table". Satellite imagery since the test has showed evidence of numerous landslides at the test site.
On Wednesday, South Korea confirmed reports that it had detected radioactive gas from the nuclear site, but remained unable to verify whether a hydrogen bomb had in fact been used. In comparison, radar images of last year's nuclear test did not show a noticeable change in the surface area of the same mountain, she said. "No way... A use of military force, but that would result in a second Korean war".
"I agree that the South needs to bolster its defense capabilities against the North's advancing nuclear and missile programs", Moon said in an interview with CNN. The North claiming to have detonated a hydrogen bomb that can be loaded onto an intercontinental ballistic missile. The country is also developing solid-fuel missiles that could be fired from land mobile launchers or submarines.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called the previous launch "an unprecedented, grave and serious threat", while Trump reiterated that "all options" are under consideration in response to Pyongyang's actions.
Images captured September 8 show a large cargo truck in the South entrance area of the testing site, which the analysts from 38 North suggest indicates that North Korea is prepping for another test.More news: Giants' Odell Beckham practices Thursday for the first time in three weeks
More news: Estonia to send observers to Zapad exercise
More news: DROP EVERYTHING: The new Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 demo has just dropped