The Los Angeles Rams had been without Aaron Donald for just about the entire offseason, but his lengthy holdout ended on Saturday. The Rams also received a short-term exemption from the National Football League that allowed them to add Donald as a 54th player, and prevented them from having to cut a player in order to get to the National Football League active-roster maximum of 53. Get the app and get the game.
"He is not ruled out, but right now he's not here", Rams coach Sean McVay told TheRams.com. In the process, he has incurred $1.4 million in fines, but Pro Football Talk reports that the Rams have chose to waive all fines and that Donald will not lose signing bonus money.
Donald has not received a new contract, although the sides are working to "reach a solution" on an extension, the team said.More news: Out Of Style: Gap Closing Hundreds Of Stores
More news: Janet Jackson Returns With Political Message On "State Of The World" Tour
More news: Kylian Mbappe wants to 'win everything' with PSG
Donald is scheduled to make $1.8 million this year and $6.9 million in 2018 under the terms of his rookie deal. Although he has returned to the team, he will not play in the season opener on Sunday afternoon against the Indianapolis Colts.
Donald has recorded 28.0 sacks in his first three seasons. Donald would have lost $106,014 every game he sat out, but it appears he has avoided that outcome. As expected, Donald is not expected to play tomorrow.
He started his holdout at the beginning of camp, with reports suggesting that Donald was ready to miss regular-season games.