Six soldiers were wounded on Wednesday when a auto rammed into them as they were on patrol in a suburb in the French capital Paris, police said.
Police work near the scene where French soliders were hit and injured by a vehicle in the western Paris suburb of Levallois-Perret, France, on August 9, 2017. A police officer was also injured by gunfire during the apprehension, the prosecutors' office said.
Parisian police tweeted that there is a search underway for the vehicle.
Six of the dozen or so troops were injured - two of them seriously - in the attack which is being investigated by counter-terrorism officials.
The injured soldiers were all the members of the anti-terrorism operation which has been deployed since the Charlie Hebdo attack in 2015 in Paris.
The area, quieter than normal in peak summer holiday season, was cordoned off after the incident, which happened at around 8.00 am local time, police said.
The incident is the latest in a series targeting security forces in France guarding sites after a string of deadly attacks.
"It's without doubt a deliberate act ..." He added: "The BMW accelerated very quickly the moment they came out".More news: White Sox OF Garcia concussed after colliding with teammate - Article
More news: Scammers selling fake solar eclipse glasses
More news: Taylor Swift in court for assault case against radio DJ
Four of the six hurt were described as having light injuries, police said. Quoting unnamed police officials, however, the AP said a man was arrested at one stop.
French police shot and arrested the suspect in the morning's attack on a group of soldiers after a dramatic chase on the A16 motorway, north of Paris.
The Paris prosecutor's office also confirmed the arrest to ABC News, saying the man was driving the vehicle authorities were searching for on the A16 highway north of Paris. "Me and my wife rushed [outside] and then learned what happened", one man who lives in the neighborhood told Ruptly.
The case has been initiated to pursue perpetrators on charges of attempted murder of security forces in connection with a terrorist enterprise.
On 13 November that year, 130 people were killed in a night of carnage in Paris, and more than 100 more have been killed in jihadist attacks since.
Armed Forces Minister Florence Parly an investigation had been started to determine "the motives and circumstances" for what she called a "cowardly act".