Week in Review (June 16-22)
Miss an article or two this week? That would be a shame, but don’t worry as there’s a convenient problem to that solution — in this handy article, you’ll find links to all the posts from the past week.
And there were, indeed, a lot of articles from the past week. Why, we covered everything from a handy tip for people who switch from their iPhones to something else and find they can’t receive texts to a few details about an accomplished guitar teacher in Benton. It was, as usual, a thrilling week around here.
As always, we encourage people to keep up with our daily updates so no one will have to deal with the shame of missing anything. Click here for our RSS feed, here for our Facebook page, here for our Facebook page, here for our Twitter account or here to subscribe to updates through email.
Now, on to the links:
* Zapped VBS starts in Benton — First Baptist Church of Benton is trying something new for vacation Bible school this year.
* Awesome Site of the Week: The GuitarMann — a former Tora Tora replacement guitarist and Benton native has a site focusing on his students and what they’re learning. He promises to make just about anyone a guitar Jedi, by the way, and who wouldn’t want to achieve that status?
* Wikipedia Brown: The Case of the Swiped Shoe (Part 2 of 3) — another installment in the continuing adventures of Wikipedia Brown.
* Elvis Week set for Aug. 10-17 at Graceland in Memphis — That’s right — a whole week dedicated to The King.
* Steely Announces launch of Sparkible — could an interest in innovation spark the state’s economy?
* TSA due for an overhaul? The Transportation Security Administration is expensive. Is it worth the cost?
* Happy 177th Birthday, Arkansas — fun facts about the Natural State.
* Essential WordPress plugins for preventing spam comments — if you have a WordPress blog, you need to read this post. Honest.
* Microsoft caving to public pressure on Xbox One? Did consumer outcry result in Microsoft backing down on removing the ability to play used games on its upcoming console?
* Weekend OTR: Shorty Bell, Cub Reporter — yes, old time radio fun!
* Switching from iPhone? Here’s a tip. If you dumped your iPhone in favor of something else, you’ll have to make sure to take care of a couple of things so you can receive texts.
* Meeting expectations — words of wisdom from Pastor Steve Ellison.
* Enjoying the longest day of the year — some photos from Saturday of a farmer’s market, serious kids’ play and a blind ninja.
* Lum and Abner — if you missed the latest Lum and Abner comic strip, now’s your chance.
Benton resident. Rogue journalist. Recovering attorney. Email = Ethan@FirstArkansasNews.net.