Most U of A colleges holding graduation Saturday
Source: University of Arkansas’ University Relations
FAYETTEVILLE-The University of Arkansas and most of its colleges andschools will hold 2011 commencement ceremonies this Saturday. The University of Arkansas School of Law commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 21, according to a press release from the University.
Only graduate students will be individually recognized during theall-university commencement. Undergraduates and law school graduates will beindividually recognized during their respective college or schoolcommencement ceremonies, the press release said.
A few guidelines
Security concerns require that each person attending a commencement ceremony to pass through a security checkpoint. Cameras and personal items will be inspected. Officials ask that guests allow extra time for this security measure. Please do not bring baggage, backpacks, strollers, or noise makers.These items must be left at the entrance.
Public parking for all May 14 commencement ceremonies is available in lots44, 56, 72, 73, 73A and the Stadium Drive Parking Garage. Parking for peoplewith disabilities is available in lots 60 and 62. A map of these lots can befound at the Parking and Transit website <http://parking.uark.edu/234.php> .
Information regarding various graduation ceremonies:
All-University Commencement Schedule, Saturday, May 14, Bud Walton Arena
- 7:30 a.m. Walton Arena doors open-Guests must use the south entrance of the arena on Leroy Pond Drive and all seating will be in the south section of the arena, above the main floor. Guests needing help getting into the arena and to their seats can be dropped off at the south entrance on Leroy Pond Drive.
- 8 a.m.-Degree candidates and faculty assemble at Bud Walton Arena as follows:Undergraduate degree candidates on the lawn outside the South entrance and faculty in the lower-level corridor on the south side of the arena. Graduate degree candidates and dissertation directors of doctoral candidates in the truck tunnel under the Harrod (east) entrance.
- 8:45 a.m. All-University Commencement begins
Following the ceremony all those attending will be asked to leave the building using the exits on the east or west sides of the arena. People with disabilities who need to use the elevator will be directed to the south side exit.
Schedule for Additional Ceremonies, Saturday, May 14
- Sam M. Walton College of Business, 12:30 p.m., Barnhill Arena(Graduates and faculty will assemble for procession between 11 and11:30 a.m.)
- Fay Jones School of Architecture, 1 p.m., Arkansas Union Ballroom(Graduates and faculty will assemble for procession at 12:30 p.m. inthe hallway south of the ballroom.)
- J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, 1 p.m., Bud Walton Arena(Graduates and faculty will assemble for procession at 12:15 p.m.inside the truck tunnel under the east entrance.)
- College of Engineering, 3:30 p.m., Barnhill Arena(Graduates and faculty will assemble for procession at 2:45 p.m. onthe south side of Barnhill Arena.)
- College of Education and Health Professions, 4 p.m., Bud Walton Arena(Graduates and faculty will assemble for procession at 3:30 p.m.inside the truck tunnel under the east entrance.)
- Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences, 6:30 p.m.,Barnhill Arena(Students and faculty should assemble on the south side of the arena.)
The ceremony for the School of Law will be 2 p.m. Saturday, May 21 at Fayetteville Town Center. Public parking is available on and around the downtown Fayetteville Square. Graduates and faculty will assemble for procession at 1:15 p.m. Faculty will meet in the lobby of the Town Center; graduates will meet inthe hallway behind the auditorium.
Additional graduation information can be found at http://www.uark.edu/home/commencement.php.
Experienced reporter who is now an entrepreneur. Jamie's Notebook offers writing services including press releases, corporate blogging and feature writing.