Week in review (1/3-1/8)
Here at First Arkansas News we had some big stories last week. If you’ve missed some of it here’s your chance to catch up on the news and features we reported this week.
Remember, one of the fastest ways to keep up with the latest stories at this site is to simply subscribe to our email updates. Of course, we also offer visitors the convenience of subscribing to RSS feeds, following us on Twitter or keeping up with the site through Facebook. Just find the icon that will lead you to the service of your choice, click it and you’ll be all set.
Now, here’s what we at First Arkansas News posted this week:
* Arkansas Author: Charles L. Wilkins — a profile on yet another Arkansas writer. We’re fortunate enough to have a good number of published writers in this state and have been profiling as many of them as possible.
* Take that Super Nintendo on the road — a brand new device that allows you to play that collection of SNES games on the go? Yes, indeed. Click the aforementioned link to read a review.
* Sugar Bowl another disappointment for Razorbacks fans — the Razorbacks almost took care of business against Ohio State, but came up short of the prize. Still, the Hogs had a great season. The team was an absolute wreck three years go, but it finished 8th in the nation and went to its first BCS bowl. Are the Razorbacks on the right track?
* Retrogaming on the iPhone — Classic gamers rejoice! There are some great iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch games out there that are free and will make you feel like its the 1980s all over again (in a good way).
* Don Tyson dies after ‘brief illness’ — here’s one that caught a lot of people by surprise. Arkansas last a highly influential and successful businessman last week.
* Say it ain’t so, Ryan Mallett — Arkansas lost a great quarterback to the NFL draft.
* My Favorite Husband : Young Matron League Tryout — in the mood for an historic document that’s a lot of fun? Give this old time radio (OTR) show a listen. Lucille Ball is — as usual — a hoot in this one.
* Arkansas Landlords Association clears up confusion — some of the new tax laws are giving people fits.
* Working fewer hours? Unemployment insurance might help — thanks to the rotten economy, a lot of people are going through tough times right now. There are, however, some ways to find help.
* Purchase mortgages up slightly — some encouraging economic news for a change. That’s in short supply these days, isn’t it?
* Arkansite — social networking for Arkansans. If you live in Arkansas, you owe it to yourself to give this site a look. It’s free to join and offers the chance to mix, mingle and share information with other people in the Natural State.
* Winter storm warning issued for parts of Arkansas — if the National Weather Service is right, it might get bad out there on Sunday, kids.
Benton resident. Rogue journalist. Recovering attorney. Email = Ethan@FirstArkansasNews.net.