Recipes for a complete Thanksgiving meal? Coming right up!
The lovely and talented Marci Kay Nobles has been typing like a wild woman lately in hopes of passing on some of her favorite Thanksgiving recipes to the good folks who stop in and read First Arkansas News.
First Arkansas News Reporter Jamie Smith had a good idea — why not put all those recipes in one location?
That seemed like a good idea so the following is a list of recipes that will produce a complete Thanksgiving meal. Want to brine a turkey, whip up some Thanksgiving side dishes and include a dessert? Just click the below links and you can’t go wrong.
* Brine, baby. Brine! Want the juiciest turkey on the planet? Brine that sucker. You’ll be amazed at the results.
* Sweet potato praline casserole. A traditional favorite, particularly here in the South.
* Chunky cranberry relish. While cranberry sauce from a can has its merits (the way it molds in the shape of the can is truly fun), try this recipe for a little something different. Yes, fresh cranberries and just a very little bit of work results in a truly memorable Thanksgiving side dish.
* Burgundy mushrooms. Want a Thanksgiving side dish that isn’t exactly traditional but is always great? Try this recipe, then.
* Green bean casserole. Looking for a green bean casserole recipe that doesn’t call for mushroom soup and those weird onions? Here it is.
* Broccoli cheese casserole. An old favorite.
* Pumpkin pie. The traditional Thanksgiving dessert.
Benton resident. Rogue journalist. Recovering attorney. Email = Ethan@FirstArkansasNews.net.