Little Rock, Bentonville opening ice rinks Saturday
Two communities will be having an icy celebration this Saturday, literally. Both Bentonville and Little Rock will be holding opening ceremonies for their respective ice-skating rinks. Bentonville’s new ice rink will be a splash pad park in the summer months and is located at Lawrence Plaza, 214 NE A St.; and Little Rock’s ice rink will be at the River Market.
- 12 Noon: Lawrence Plaza Grand Opening
- 12:30-4:30 p.m. Free skate at Lawrence Plaza
- 4:30 p.m.-6 p.m. Ice rink closed for maintenance
- 6:15 p.m. Lighting of Bentonville Square
- 6:45 p.m. Lighting of the Community Christmas Tree
- 7 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Skating exhibition by the Arkansas Figure Skating Association
- 7:45 p.m. Regular ice skating resumes
- 7:45 p.m. Movie night at Lawrence Plaza: It’s a Wonderful Life
Food vendors, activities and live music will be available from noon to 7:45 p.m. between the Bentonville Square and Lawrence Plaza on NW A Street. For more information, visit Downtown Bentonville Inc. at http://www.downtownbentonville.org/other-events/2010-11-20
For more information about the park, including hours of operation: http://www.bentonvillear.com/parks_lawrence_plaza.html
According to the site Holidays in Little Rock, Saturday’s grand opening will start at 9:30 a.m. and will include demonstrations by the Diamond Edge Skating Club, an official ribbon cutting, Music Radio Disney’s Rockin’ Road Show “and more.”
Experienced reporter who is now an entrepreneur. Jamie's Notebook offers writing services including press releases, corporate blogging and feature writing.